WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data or text files that websites store on your local computer. Such cookies can have various purposes: for example, there are technical cookies (language settings, for example), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that monitor and keep a record of your behaviour on the website, so that, by so doing, you can be offered a more optimal user experience).
A cookie contains a unique code that allows your browser to be recognised during a visit to the website or to improve your user experience during repeated visits to the platform.
Cookies can be set by the server of the website you are visiting or by a partner with whom such website cooperates. The server of the website can only read the cookies that it has personally set. It does not have access to other information on your computer or mobile device.
The contents of a cookie are usually the name of the server that set the cookie, an expiry date and a unique numeric code.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitors and the website easier and faster and help the visitors to navigate between the various website components. Cookies can also be used to tailor the contents of the website to the user.
You can find more information on the types of cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
LINUM EUROPE USES THE FOLLOWING COOKIES:
1. Essential cookies
These cookies are essential for visiting our websites and using certain components of these websites. For example, these cookies allow you to navigate between the various website components or to fill in a form and to join the discussions on our platform. If you disable these cookies, it is possible that certain components of the website will either not work properly or not work at all.
2. Functional cookies
Functional cookies are the cookies that make the operation of our websites easier and more user-friendly and ensure that you enjoy a more tailored browsing experience. The website use registration or a newsletter, for example. These cookies can be used to recognise you if you visit the website again and to file your registration data or to remember your preferences that you indicated on the website.
3. Third-party cookies
This website uses the following Third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics
For more information, see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=be, to opt out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
This cookie was set in a privacy-friendly way in accordance with the manual of the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Hotjar: website analytics by means of heatmap (https://www.hotjar.com/privacy),
Opt-out Hotjar via https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
You can refuse the installation of cookies in your browser settings. Disabling cookies may mean that you cannot use certain Website functionalities. You can find out how to disable cookies for the most frequently used browsers on the following website: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
You can also delete at any time cookies that have already been set on your computer or mobile device.
Make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser if you want to experience the website in full without any limitations. You need to perform the following actions to enable cookies:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer browser
• In Internet Explorer, click “Internet Options” in the “Tools” menu.
• On the “Privacy” tab page, move the settings slider to “low” or “accept all cookies” (setting above “medium” disables cookies).
• Click “OK”.
Mozilla Firefox browser
• Click “Firefox” in the top left-hand corner of your browser and then click “Options”.
• Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section. Select Accept cookies and site data from websites (recommended) to enable cookies.
• Click “OK”.
Google Chrome browser
• Click “Tools” at the top of your browser window and then select “Options”.
• Click the “Under the Hood” tab, look for “Privacy” and select the “Content settings” button.
• Now select “Allow local data to be set”.
• Click the “Cog” pictogram at the top of your browser window and select the “Preferences” option.
• Click “Privacy”, then tick the box next to: “Block all cookies.”
Most recently updated version: 18 June 2018